Individual Tax Planning & Preparation
We work with our clients throughout the year to identify tax planning opportunities. By using this proactive approach, we are able to reduce your tax liability to the minimum required by tax law. We also serve as your advocate in all tax matters in the event you are contacted by a government agency.
Since our inception in 1974, Erpelding, Voigt & Co., L.L.P. has built its reputation on creating innovative tax savings plans for our clients. By working with you we can apply strategies, such as the following, to your own unique situation:
- Paying wages to family members and utilizing related fringe benefits to reduce income taxes.
- Utilization of a corporation to minimize income taxes.
- Shifting income from one year to another to place them where the tax benefit will be greater.
- Deferring tax liability through certain investment choices and through pension plan contributions.
- Structuring your affairs to obtain a tax deduction from some expenses paid for things you might not have previously considered – a home office, for example.
- Investing your money to produce income tax benefits that fit in to your overall financial plan.
Today’s tax laws are so complicated that unless your financial affairs are extremely simple, chances are you will benefit from at least occasional help from a tax professional. The use of computer software is no substitute for the assistance of a seasoned tax preparer.
To achieve maximum results, your tax plan should be viewed as one cog in the wheel of your overall financial plan. By working with you on all levels, from investments and insurance to income taxes, we can produce results rarely achieved by the more common “piece-meal” approach.
Please contact us today for an initial conference, free of charge, to discuss your income tax concerns.